Technologically adroit and creatively efficient information manager with a zeal for resource organization. Skilled in cataloguing, reference, collections development, digitization, archival preservation, web development, and graphic design. Experienced in serving patrons in person and via a host of technological platforms. Believes in developing and promoting the most efficient and accessible information retrieval for all.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Western University, 2013.
● 4 years' experience with various cataloguing and circulation software, primarily L4U, with training in AACR2, DDC, LCSH, MARC, Dublin Core, RDA, and RAD.
● Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint), Adobe Photoshop (digital image conservation, digitization, and conversion), Adobe Premiere (video editing and conversion), Adobe Dreamweaver, audio editing and conversion, etc.
● 6 years' experience developing and maintaining video, digital resource, and multimedia library collections.
● 6 years' experience providing library reference, ILLs, processing, and technical services and support.
● Exemplary organizational skills, including intellectual and physical arrangement and description of archival documents.
● 7 years' experience performing scholarly research, via print and digital sources
● 10+ years' experience in web design/development, including programming in HTML and CSS.
● Proficient in social media technologies and online databases.
● Excellent graphic design, photography, and illustration skills.
● Hard-working and efficient, with excellent reading, writing, and inter-personal skills.
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
● Independently managed fast-paced school libraries, fulfilling the role and functions of a teacher-librarian, including statistical analysis of resources and their use, purchasing of equipment and resources, as well as maintenance and weeding of collections as needed.
● Designed and developed online archival project that digitizes and maintains a complete video history of the sport of freestyle footbag. Provided conversion, preservation, and arrangement work of digital video for Fourkast Footbag Company in an ongoing capacity since 2009.
● Performed collection development, including review, selection, budgeting, and purchasing of print and electronic resources in addition to maintenance of regular book orders (approximately 100 per month) and periodical subscriptions (approximately 60) (St. Clement's School Library).
● Regularly performed copy and original cataloguing, including classification of Dewey Decimal call numbers and Sears Subject Headings, editing of copy-catalogue records to meet institutional standards, physical processing, and book repair (St. Clement's School Library).
● Designed and developed online archival project that digitizes and maintains a complete video history of the sport of freestyle footbag. Provided conversion, preservation, and arrangement work of digital video for Fourkast Footbag Company.
● Provided technological support in digital sound recording, digitizing photographs, and records preservation for the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada Archives. This involved making various enclosures, filming and audio-recording of oral history sessions, and scanning, adding metadata to, and digitally restoring photographs.
● Provided IT support for printer, scanner, photocopier, video projector, TV, and client-side BYOD hardware and software issues and queries (St. Clement's School Library).
● Built and maintained sport organization website from 1999 to present, including: coding in HTML and CSS; graphic design; digital resource classification and organization; and regular content management via FTP.
● Operated as official wiki organizer and editor for FextraLife online community, including content and knowledge creation, management, formatting, and collaboration in wikitext syntax.
● Provided library reference services for a variety of patrons in a range of information environments.
● Prepared all library materials for automated cataloguing integration, including barcoding thousands of materials, cross-referencing and removing each book from the previous card-catalogue system, inputting thousands of MARC records into L4U, and cataloguing all library resources monthly (Andrew Mynarski School Library).
● Managed student-assisted shelving system, supervising hundreds of students daily, in addition to instructing students and staff alike in the use of circulation software. (Laura Secord School Library).
● Researched and developed various LIS-relevant resource guides and pathfinders for use by scholars (Graduate Resource Centre).
● Manually converted hundreds of feature-length electronic library media to digital format (Elmwood School Library).
● Performed tasks with exceptional efficiency using advanced computer skills, completing month-long projects in a day (Winnipeg School Division).
● Library Technician, St. Clement's School Library
(St. Clement's School, 2014-15)
● Library Assistant, Graduate Resource Centre
(Faculty of Information and Media Studies, Western University, 2012-13)
● Library Clerk, Laura Secord School Library
(Winnipeg School Division, 2010)
● Library Clerk, Elmwood School Library
(Winnipeg School Division, 2009-10)
● Library Clerk, Sargent Park School Library
(Winnipeg School Division, 2008-09)
● Library Clerk, Andrew Mynarski School Library
(Winnipeg School Division, 2008)
● Administrative Assistant
(Winnipeg School Division, 2006-08)
● Western University: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), 2013.
● University of Toronto: 5 full-year credits (non-degree studies), 2012.
● University of Manitoba: Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), 2006.